Friday 24 February 2012

Back to University

I know I've been a little scarce the past couple of days especially after the last couple of months of frequent updates. University started two weeks ago so I've been busy with that. Had a little time every now and then to focus on a couple of my projects putting some time into them.

With regards to the Grand Strategy I have been mostly working on more planning and designing of the various systems and the interaction between them. So, it may appear to have been no progress but most of it is behind the scenes.

I also put some time into the Console System and started working on the ability to select GameObjects and call commands on them. Currently that is working but using BroadCastMessage, essentially they could run any command that is on a GameObject. This new feature is easy to disable or enable via a bool.

I am hoping to get a nice interaction with the console system with selectable objects that will only allow certain methods to be executed, but we will have to see how that goes.

Regards,
Garth

No comments:

Post a Comment